View Single Post
SledgeHammer

2007-06-26, 18:07

I know there is another thread with nearly the same title, but this does not seem to be the same issue, so I figured a new thread was appropriate.

I came home today and tried to open iTunes. My internal HD is tiny, so all of my music is on my external. iTunes said it sou;ldn't locate the iTunes Music folder. I went and looked for it. The containing folder was there and beneath it said "3 items" but opening that folder revealed exactly nothing. Nothing inside of it at all. I closed it, opened it again, still nothing. Just then, kernal panic.
I restarted and now the FW drive isn't mounted at all. I checked Disk Utility, the drive showed up, but wasn't mounted. IU clicked "mount," but no joy. I tried to repair disk. Wouldn't do it:
Quote:
Disk Utility stopped repairing "The Hulk" because the following error was encountered:
The underlying task reported failure on exit
also
Quote:
Verify and Repair disk “The Hulk”
Invalid Volume Header
Checking HFS Plus volume.
Checking Extents Overflow file.
Checking Catalog file.
Incorrect block count for file Temp File 3
(It should be 1479 instead of 0)
Invalid record count
Volume check failed.

Error: The underlying task reported failure on exit

1 HFS volume checked
1 volume could not be repaired because of an error
I ran Drive 10. All of its tests passed except for "Spare Sectors" was unavailable and "Surface Scan" which failed. Surface scan checks for bad blocks. It recommended backing up and reformatting. Of course, I don't have anywhere to backup too, but it won't even matter if I can't get the drive to mount.

Any help is appreciated. The most important stuff on the drive is backed up, but since this drive is four times the capacity of my internal, most of the data on it (including all of my music) is not.