View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2009-12-24, 07:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Way cheaper, I would think, plus is gives Apple far better control over things like security and who's in the audience.
For a company making a billion dollars plus a quarter, attending a single trade show IN THEIR OWN BACKYARD is negligible. In fact, I would guess the cost was really pathetically low to Apple, since IDG paid more a majority of the actual show costs/security/rental/etc. Apple renting out the Yueba Buena Center and doing it on their own just for a 2 hour speech ain't cheap either. Apple always had complete control over the keynote anyways. They always got their way and I don't remember any security breaches from the actual show.... ever.

For whatever the reason, Apple didn't want to deal with IDG and MacWorld anymore. But cost certainly wasn't the issue. It probably had more to do with having a locked down date and expectations. But it is a pretty big slap in the face if they schedule their own event a week before Macworld and just across the street from where MacWorld is held.