Thread: iPhone 2012 ;)
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2011-10-08, 10:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugge View Post
There are now three different generations of iPhones on sale with three different levels of computing power and two different screen resolutions, but with only one physical screen size. Add the iPod touch and you get one variation more (A4 plus non-retina resolution).
Not sure I follow. The iPod touch 4G is retina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugge View Post
Human anatomy, however, does also vary and all peoples hands are not of the same size. Apple has probably deemed 3.5” to be the size the fit’s most, but I accept that it is reasonable to as for more then one size of shoe.

One way to go about this could be to make a 4” iPhone that is simply a scaled up 3.5” iPhone. It would be kind of like the 14” iBook which had the same resolution as the 12” iBook, but apart from that was pretty much the same machine.
I was just thinking of the 14-inch iBook earlier today. So yes, this isn't unprecedented. But I think that machine was the exception rather than the rule, and I doubt they were very proud of it.