View Single Post
Phoenix
formerly "trav"

2005-02-09, 17:13

Ok so is the 17" not necessary for what i want to do. I dont have access to an apple shop because i live in the middle of no where, so i cant go and have a look. But i have been told the 17" is far too big. Remembering i am travelling overseas and will want to be able to use it on planes as well. I am thinking going the 15" with all the extra's, including 2gb of RAM, and for the time being getting a nice big monitor to use when im at home. Is this sensible?
Also i am still confused about external HD's. If i were to purchase a 7200rpm one would this be the best and fastest option? If i were to get that would i need some kind of stand-alone firewire card?
And lastly, i am wondering about the monitors. I want to be able to hook up an external monitor. I am looking for something fairly big at this stage, and money is generally not much of an issue. I love the look of the apple monitors, but they seem to be fairly expensive. I was looking at the 30" by the way. But i want to be able to hook it up to be my tv as well as my monitor. Is this how they work? im really not good with this hardware stuff. I just get on the computers at work and edit and animate. I dont have to worry about the setup. But now im doing so much work for other people its time i invest in my own stuff. Thanks so much for helping me out. I really am hopeless. And this seems to be the place ive found with the most insightful people. Again thanks.
T