View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-02-22, 22:54

I used to think I could never live with a 12" screen. I was "spoiled" by using a big 19" display for years before I got my 12" PowerBook last summer. I quickly realized, though, that the 1024*768 screen really isn't that bad at all. Exposé is a godsend for window management and will take care of most of your reservations once you get used to it.

My 12" PowerBook has become my full time machine. I originally only wanted it for the road, but I've found myself using it ten times more than my "clunky" old PowerMac tower.

It's rare that I ever hook up my PB to my big desktop display. The only times I do are when I'm doing graphics work or when I'm working on a big project that actually requires me to be looking at two or three or four documents simultaneously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWart
Also, can either the ibook or pb out put to an lcd at a higher res than 1024? I ask, cause most 17" lcds have a native res of 1280, and they sometimes look crappy when not running at the native res.
The *first* place you should always go if you have general technical specification questions like this is the product's page on apple.com. More than likely, your answer is right there. In this case...

http://www.apple.com/powerbook/specs.html

Quote:
NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200 graphics processor with AGP 4X support and 64MB of DDR SDRAM video memory (12-inch models)

Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports up to 1024 x 768 pixels on the built-in display and up to 2048 x 1536 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.