View Single Post
theyoda3

2005-02-23, 09:36

You could also look at any local apple stores for the older version of the 15" powerbook, the 1.33 ghz 15" or 1.5ghz 15", you can probably get a good discount on them. There isn't a lot of difference between the last model and the new model. The processor may be a little slower but the fsb is the same, and it has a 64mb video card i think instead of 128, and maybe a slower hard drive, and no two finger scroll, but that doesn't seem to be working so well, and i guess there is the fall deector, but if your notebook is asleep it makes no difference, plus how far does it have to fall to dectect the fall and stop the hard drive in time? I guess if you are willing to make a little sacrifice and get the older model and buy 3rd party ram like Crucial or something then you might be able to afford a 15". I bought the older ersion 12" PB recently and i love it, I'm glad i got it and not the newer one. Also, the 12" screen is pretty big. I've hooked mine up to an external monitor and its fun to do, but i never actually use both screens. I still prefer the 12" screen over the external monitor.