View Single Post
Mac+
9" monochrome

2018-06-11, 16:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotcatbug View Post
Geez. My life is boring, compared to you all. All I did was move to North Carolina and have another kid.

Oh, I quit my shit job (I had post-traumatic stress from that for a while, no joke.) If anyone reading this is in a shit job, take it from me, you should quit today. Being penniless and homeless is better for your mind and health than working a soul-crushing job.

I work for myself, currently. It's hard. I've discovered that I really need a team around me to cultivate that "let's do this!" mindset.
Strong spotcatbug! Good on you!

I can thoroughly attest to the move away from a soul crushing job. If anybody is in an environment where they’re not supported, then make the move. Your own health and well-being should be your first priority!

I’m starting this work at home thing and also fear the motivation risk you mention. Hence, the part-time gig to keep me active, connected and practising until the health-tech UX takes off. I know I like collaborating with a good team and that’s a strong motivator, but I need to take the chance and see whether I can do it on my own too.

All I want is a simple life
twitter