View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2005-08-14, 18:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegelding
quick run down...

truck on fire... [snip, snip, snip]

next day we get up and take off...100 miles, just getting to the state line and almost out of ohio (nothing against ohio personally, just was there much longing than i planned) when the transmission goes out...

so we are driving to it on these tiny, mountain roads....we get one where it was almost straight fu@king up....came around a bend and was heading up it without warning...i had that truck in 1st gear and going maybe maybe 1/2 a mile an hour...at any moment i was sure the truck would stop and start rolling backwards...if it did i was going off the side of the hill for sure...it never did, but it took a long long long freakin time to get to the top and i was covered in sweat..
g
Sorry, g, but I laughed so hard at your terrible story that tears were running down my face. It was all just SO awful. The part that got to me the most was picturing you going up that hill, inch by inch, and pouring with sweat - especially after all the stuff that had gone before.

Seriously, you *really* should write this whole thing up for some sort of magazine. Maybe no one will think it is funny - the way I have; but surely there should be 'some' sort of magazine for a story like that. I hope you aren't offended that I laughed so hard. It's just that everything was so, so terrible that the whole experience seemed to pass into another realm for me...the realm of the absurd, I guess.

And it would all happen to *you*.

(Please don't hate me for laughing, okay? )

Last edited by Windswept : 2005-08-14 at 18:16.