View Single Post
drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-12-05, 11:27

Agree with you Chinney – I can't quit the MacOS, it is absolutely superior, for my needs.

I am, however, especially qualified to gripe about Apple hardware, as I was let down by bad engineering by Apple on my Early-2011 MacBook Pro. It was a lemon and I had to buy a new computer less than 3 years after buying that one and Apple let me down and even though I'm a stockholder and a longtime fan I will tell that story to anyone who will listen.

And, if you want to read a bit more about how Fitbit is being discussed by investors in relation to Apple: "Is Fitbit To Blame For Lackluster Apple Watch Sales?".

Eugene is correct about the size of Apple today and that it must be run differently because of its size - the aphorism "a victim of its own success" springs to mind.

As a large company Apple should learn a few lessons from Microsoft.

Stop changing or discontinuing pro software with little warning.

The fiasco with Final Cut Pro X should have changed the company's behavior toward the pro community forever, and they did a bit better by announcing that Aperture was being discontinued.

But, why discontinue it at all?

If they know that they have an installed userbase of X-thousand people, figure out how much it would cost to maintain the salaries of coders to work on that software package and bite the bullet and spend the money, or charge more for the product.

As a large company they should implement roadmaps for their professional users.

Microsoft provides their customers with clearly stated support timelines for their operating systems and other mission-critical software.

And thus ends Drew's annual Beseechment to Apple to Treat Us Like Professionals speech.

It's safe to come back out now.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter