View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-07-02, 11:05

I agree with you wholeheartedly pscates, and I think I'm beginning to understand why you're so dead set against people who constantly rag on Apple for their specs. A point I made earlier was that it doesn't matter how bad or good Apple's products are, nothing will change anyway. And that's pretty much true... unless they do a total upheaval of their entire marketing strategy. Better ads (they are getting better, at least compared to Switch), but more importantly, a better overall strategy. It's just stupid to come up with a few ads, air them a bit, run off and make some announcements to the Mac community, think of some more ads and run them a bit... you know what it's like when you're playing someone in any strategy game where they really suck and you know what's going on? It's like that. Apple's marketing strategy is a lot like watching a first-timer try to play Risk, Chess, Starcraft, whatever...

What's funny is that improving their marketing will force them to improve their specifications, so once people DO get interested in Macs, they aren't turned off by seeing "1 GHz" in a world of 2's and 3's. So in a roundabout way, you, pscates, are pining for better and more powerful hardware .