View Single Post
BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2005-02-05, 01:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman
It could work using the dock connector? Cool. I'm not an iPod whiz, and I just sorta thought that the dock connector only went "one way," so to speak, and that a camera would be impossible on the current models. But if it's possible, then Apple, I wanna see one ASAP.

Seriously. That'd convince me to spend $499 on an iPod, rather than $299, as well as, of course, the $49 (knowing Apple, $99) camera attatchment.

And it's good to see I'm not the only one interested, either...so, uh, Apple?
Well, right now I have an iPod car charger (the Belkin one) that only uses the dock connector, and has a headphone port on the car charger. The sound goes out through the dock connector, through the charger, and up to the casette adaptor or whatever. However, it's also possible for data to go the other way - whenever the stereo turns off (i.e. the car stops), the iPod pauses, which is really cool. So, data can go both ways.

My idea is based off of a cell phone attachment my dad has for his Palm. It fits on like a small cradle/case, and then gives the extra functionality. Here's an okay picture: