View Single Post
Mac Donald

2006-01-11, 16:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
BTW, I'm still of the opinion the 17" laptop is gone, and ain't coming back (if it did, they're gonna be pricing it in that high-$2,000 ballpark anyway). I think, instead, they'll just make the new MacBook Pro the standard, and keep improving it to ridiculous degrees.

It's got the resolution the 17" has had all these years, AND it connects to any DVI or VGA display in existence...
I am going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there. The current PB G4 15 inch also connects to any DVI or VGA display that I know of (the 30 inch cinema display is no problemo so I assume other 30 inchers would also be ok). Moreover, the 17 incher was a VERY popular model, a big seller which I am sure generates a higher profit than the 15 incher. Thus, I would almost guarantee they release a 17 inch MacBook Pro -- the reason they did not yesterday is simple. The 15 inchers sell more, and are more in demand (17 inch while popular and profitable is more of a niche market), and Intel cannot guarantee enough chips for a while for Apple to fill orders. So, they only announce the 15 inchers and wait until Intel can guarnatee more chips to announce the 17 incher, and I am guessing a 12inch or a 13 inch. Never understood those who think that Apple will abandon the 12 inch (or not make it widescreen at 13) --- again there is a real demand for pro machines in a smaller form than 15 inches, and I don't think Apple has a problem getting a core duo in one. Mark my words: This all will happen. Just like I was pretty sure Steve would announce an iPod licensing program yesterday as well.

Someone hacked my signature. I demand an investigation.