View Single Post
runner91786

2006-03-31, 11:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Donald
I agree that there are no express hints. But here's an implied one. When the MBP 15 inch started shipping, guess what disappeared from the Apple store? The 15 inch PowerBook, but what did not disappear? The 17 inch and 12 inch. Thus, there obviously is a replacement for these two laptops or they would be phasing them out with the 15 inch powerbook. What will replace a 12 and 17 inch PowerBook? Why, none other than a 12 (or maybe 13) and 17 inch pro laptop. Seems pretty obvious to me.
Excellent point. I think thats a good base to start off of. They even waited to discontinue until a few weeks after the MBP was released.

I was thinking further about integrated graphics in a 12" MBP, it would not be capable of running aperture, which I have dealt with TONS of photographers who are in love with the 12". It would be ashame to not have a small portable that could handle your work like that.

Personally, the 12/13.3" MBP will be my sole machine with a 20" display connected when its being used as a desktop. So I really would prefer dedicated graphics as I *might* install windows to play counterstrike.