View Single Post
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2006-07-05, 01:55

Okay, so I was tempted to buy the Auto Cool when I saw the informercial the other day, as I own a black car and it's summer. My internal thermometer tells me that it's around 130° in there on a typical day. Apparently, the Auto Cool uses solar power to pull the hot air from the car and cool it off. It sounded like something worth looking into, even though it would be easy for someone to break into my car and it's not cooling the car off by bringing any air in, etc etc.
So then I found this upon searching for reviews. I thought, "Ah ha! It doesn't work!" I'm a bit skeptical of the report, as they didn't really know what they were doing and the car was checked at different times, but really the device had no real effects.

Okay, so my reason for posting this was two-fold. One, to show people this in case they thought about buying it. Two, to ask if anyone has any methods or knows of any sort of way that I could cool the interior of my car a few degrees without leaving my windows open or parking in the shade?