View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2014-07-14, 09:31

But but... what about Falling Skies, Tom Mason?

I'm not 100% sure but this show seems to have veered from merely absurd into "enjoyable train wreck" territory. Like, so terrible in all respects, you can't stop watching it. That this show takes itself seriously is the funniest part. I forget who gets the credit for coming up with the plotline on this show, but they're really pretty terrible at their job.

Even for an alien invasion show the amount of random and totally illogical shit that happens, and the absurd plot cliches that get introduced at the rate of about one per episode, is unmatched in recent TV history. See also: Hitler Youth in this season's episodes; Faraday Suit building S. Africans magically transported across an ocean after the invasion that trashes all of earths infrastructure; Enchanted Teleportation Stone that allows aliens to use the power of the One Ring and the fiery volcanoes of Mordor; randomly appearing mutated children; an alien hybrid baby aging at about 1 year per month that is now a full-blown X-men character complete with angry weather controlling abilities), and more.

This year's clincher so far though was Tom Mason, jumping off what appeared to be a 4th or 5th story apartment balcony to avoid physics-defying vertically climbing spider-aliens about to be entombed by the same apartment building, which will be demolished at any moment... and then as the camera zooms out the explosion "propels" him about 30 yards laterally, out over the edge of a river... where upon he falls the 40 or 50 feet, into about 5 feet of water... and lives. Like a little slice of Demolition Diorama heaven. Because we see him a couple scenes later, no broken brones, nothing.

You all need to watch this show before it gets cancelled. I fully expect within two episodes there will be a Jack Bauer character who enters the fray, a member of the Fantastic 4, and possibly a T-Rex.

...into the light of a dark black night.

Last edited by Moogs : 2014-07-14 at 09:48.