View Single Post
addabox
Veteran Member

2014-07-15, 14:30

And another instance of irritating nonsense on The Strain:

Spoiler (click to toggle):
Old guy has secret knowledge of the Terribleness to Come. Of course, when he rushes over to the airport to council the CDC people about destroying the bodies and cutting off their heads and all he gets brusquely dismissed, even thought he knows all this shit he couldn’t possibly have known unless he had real, useful knowledge about what was happening. Another one of those lazy writer’s shortcuts that drive me crazy. Just once I’d like to see a show where the old guy forces his way to the front of the crowd and yells “The box! You found a box with engravings, did you not? And the bodies! They are not decaying normally, and have wounds to the neck! Am I right?” and the hero would go “Holy shit, you clearly are privy to important plot points, let’s sit down right now and hear you out, because to walk away while ordering the cops to get you out of here would clearly be a grave lapse of judgement if not a shocking breach of common sense!” But alas.

That which doesn't kill you weakens you slightly and makes you less able to cope until you're completely incapacitated