View Single Post
Naderfan
Queen of Confrontation

2014-07-15, 21:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post
I like the setup; I just hope the ratio of dumb shit to cool shit tilts in our favor. And by dumb shit I don't mean the pulpy plot contrivances, which are fine by me (immortal Nazis, how can you go wrong?). I mean shit like when

Spoiler (click to toggle):
the CDC lady goes into the cockpit of the dead airplane and the guy on the tarmac freaks out like it's a terrorist attack. "That door should be locked! You're not authorized to enter the cockpit! I order you to leave the cockpit at once! I'm contacting Homeland Security!" Dude. They're ALL DEAD. She's not going to fucking hijack the plane. The flight crew is in no danger, in that they are DEAD. It's like the writers were all "high tension time, let's throw in screaming on account of the tension" and nobody said "that makes no fucking sense." There's so goddamn much "Makes no fucking sense" in scriptwriting anymore it's like some kind of mental illness, and any signs of same suggest to me there are hacks working on this show, and that's never a good sign.
I hadn't thought of that scene that way.

Spoiler (click to toggle):
I thought he was freaking out because they assumed the pilots died at the same time as everyone else and if so, the door should have been locked. If it was open, then that meant there could be an actual human killer on board and they were worried for her safety.

The other thing that bothered me, in addition to what's already been said here, was when they were opening that coffin and NO ONE was wearing even a regular mask. I know they said they'd tested the outside, but how on earth could they know that what was inside would be safe?