View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-04-08, 09:03

Now’s a great time for people to buy a set of Wahl clippers/guards, take in some YouTube tutorials and learn how to cut (or at least trim) their own hair (and/or that of their family and kids).

No telling how long barber shops and salons will be shut down, so you might as well a) learn a new, super-useful skill, and b) save some $$$. You might find, after this all settles down, you prefer the control/convenience of handling this task yourself?

Been cutting my own hair since summer of 2017 and the freedom, flexibility, convenience and savings ($400+) have been wonderful. I’ve learned to do a nice fade and taper, the choppy/textured top/front. Zero previous experience, so if my dumb ass can learn how, anyone can.

The best part is the “in between” trim/maintenance you can do in 5-6 minutes, any time it’s needed. No having to schedule, wait or pay for something so quick and easy you can do yourself. Very easy to always stay tight and crisp, if you want. I do that around the back/sides/ears every 2-3 weeks and then a full-on, proper all-over cut about every 6-8 weeks. That $22 Wahl kit has more than paid for itself...after about the second use, way back in summer 2017!

Just something to consider, for those of you veering into werewolf territory as all these closures and “stay home” scenarios play out...

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-04-08 at 09:18.