View Single Post
Ryan
Veteran Member

2022-03-18, 19:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I noticed that the Netflix MCU stuff (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist) has moved on over to Disney+ recently, all grouped under the Defenders Saga heading. I was wondering what would happen when the contract was up, but it appears everything was amicable. Refreshing, if so.

The full 7 seasons of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. have also found a permanent home on Disney+, which I'm pretty happy about. I'll eventually re-watch all of those in entirety. There were a couple-few seasons that were a little hit-or-miss, but the seasons that did hit were just amazing – even under the constraints of network television!

All greenlit while Marvel cinema was at its most influential... good times and some great fucking content.
I wonder if we're going to see Disney revive the Netflix series under their own brand. They've already brought Daredevil back.

Agents of SHIELD was such an odd duck out. Started as a companion series to the big films and then eventually divorced itself from the MCU. They tried to set up Inhumans with it (and did well, I thought) but the movie side of the house threw all that away. Such a strange relationship with their own studio.