View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-06-05, 18:26

Yesterday afternoon when I discovered the broken connection of Span Panel and Tesla Gateway I submitted a ticket to have it repaired. They got it working again this morning and everything worked as expected again.

This afternoon was also 48 hours off the grid... as in a little over 4 hours ago. We are still off the grid.

It is really cloudy out there today so I'm more inclined to keep going with the test while we have less than perfect weather. I was talking with Mrs T about it and we might actually take our house off the grid during overnights and reconnect during daylight when we can send surplus energy to the grid. This would have us really independent while gaining ground with Duke. Not sure how practical that is right now though. We do have a real limitation of 10kW continuous when the grid is down. Both A/C units and one other high current pull and we trip. We aren't certain how we will be able to work that... though we are certainly going to try to figure it out! The less dependent we are on Duke the better it is for us!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.