View Single Post
Chinney
Veteran Member

2004-06-22, 09:02

What is the long-term future of Apple Computer? I know a lot of people here are Apple fans – as I am – but I ask you nevertheless to make a clear-minded prediction, keeping in mind the challenges and opportunities within the industry and Apple’s current position. I am setting out a few possibilities in a poll format. I know that there are more possibilities, and unstated potential nuances and sub-options within the possibilities that I have provided, but pick the option that seems closest. Or don’t pick an option – and just explain what your own prediction would be. Or do both.

1. Apple Will Maintain its Current Position: An Innovator with a Niche Position in the Computer Industry

2. Apple Will Be Much Bigger: Regaining Position in Computer Hardware and Being Dominant in Other Digital Lifestyle Areas

3. Apple Will Be a Substantially Different Company: It Will Not Produce Computer Hardware, but Will Sell Other Digital Lifestyle Products

4. Apple Will Have Been Bought by Another Big Technology Company: Apple Technology Will Merge With Their Technology

5. Apple Will Have Entirely Ceased to Exist

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.