View Single Post
hookalakupua

2005-03-18, 16:05

Hey Guys,
I'm sitting here in front of a 17" Powerbook and I'm a die hard mac user like the rest of you. My mother worked at Apple, my brother worked at Apple and I worked at Apple. I always have been and always will be a mac user...PERIOD!! My 17" Powerbook is the pride and joy of my life and I treat it like it's one of my own offspring. (i don't even let people talk negatively about it without threatening a major altercation)
With that said, my girlfriend just purchased a 13" Sony with the X-Brite Technology and it's frickin' ridiculous. There is definitely a glare with it but neither one of us has a problem with it. It absolutely kills me to say this in front of my own machine, but I'm looking at the two screens right now and it's not even close!!! (in terms of LCD and LCD only that is!!) The technology is amazing and if Apple can figure out a way to incorporate something like that into the new generation of G5 Powerbooks, that would be game, set, match. Sony specs. give a battery life of 5 to 5.5 hours but it's more like 4+.
If you guys haven't had a chance to see the Sony's, go take a look as it's well worth it.
Cheers,
Jason