Thread: Cybertruck
View Single Post
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2019-11-23, 19:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy View Post
I don’t think that’s as much of an issue as many people think. If you live in/own a home, you just charge it at home and never have need of one of the charging stations except when you are traveling. And then, the computer on the vehicle tells you exactly where the tesla chargers are, how far you can go before you need to stop and charge, etc.. You tell it where you are going and it maps out alternate routes. And there are adapters you can buy and carry with you so that you can use some of the other chargers in an emergency. Of course, most of the alternates do not provide as fast of a charge as Tesla’s superchargers.

If you live in an apartment, then it is not as easy. Hopefully soon, we’ll see more of the chargers being installed on lamp posts. And yes, it would certainly be best if all companies used the same charging standards.

But for much, if not most, of the population, it shouldn’t be a concern. There’s not even a supercharger in my town and the only reason I don’t have a Tesla is purely affordability. Maybe in a year or two.
My family and I drove from Cleveland up north near Mackinaw, Michigan, to Gaylord last week, around 390mi/5:30hr, and my cousin took his Model 3. Like you mentioned, the computer tells you the best route to go where you will need to stop and can get to a charger. I stopped twice, once for gas, and once for coffee for around 10 minutes each time and he was stopped twice as well for a quick 10 minute charge both times and still had around 140mi charge left by the time he got to our destination. There was a Meijer Grocery Store near our resort that had a super charger and he stopped there before we left and we got breakfast and Starbucks and he had plenty of charge. Long story short, we were in a pretty rural area of Michigan and he still had no issues what so ever with charge and stopped just as much as I did with my truck.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey