View Single Post
¡Damned!

2013-03-21, 20:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Didn't realise there was a map you can make! Can we leave the map in the chest at the entrance for all to use, or is it restricted to the player who made it?
That was new to me too, and the first time I've ever made a map. But handy as hell! Here's what it looks like; plus I put in some notations of what symbols mean what:

Notice all the "goodie" spots are laid out grid-like. By my rough calculation they're between 200 and 300 blocks apart. Someone already killed the closest Naga and Hydra to Spawn, so I had to search around a bit West for a living Hydra. I think the lower left Naga was the one I fought and killed; one of the upper two are still alive and dangerous.

Other quick notes:
• I peeked inside the Dark Tower to the East and built an easy entry inside without going down into the scary woods. If we decide to rush one I propose that be it.
• I've also completed the Quest Grove in the lower left corner, but apparently if you kill the Ram he'll respawn.
• It's worth it to go out SEast for a sprint and check out the glacier. Really cool looking. (it's the purple bit on the map)
• While at the Quest Grove I grabbed a handful of Rainbow Tree saplings. I guess they change color according to what x,y they're planted? Dunno. If that's the case I may plant them around the tree farm instead of inside to get maximum colorage.

Unfortunately the map doesn't update outside of its boundaries, otherwise I'd have another dozen or so areas to point out to the West.

It's worth a shot now that this image is posted to leave the map in the TF Spawn chest. If it goes boink no big deal. I'll put it in there next time I get over to Spawn.

[edit]: Here's the recipe for the TF map. You can find ravens (for their feathers) hanging out by those tall obsidian towers with the block of Lapis on top.

[edit2]: These "boss" type creatures are a good challenge. Bring your best armor and your A-Game, because they will fuck you up. They're fast and tricky; most of all though - super fun. It's great to have these kind of challenges in MC. Reminds me of a video game.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2013-03-21 at 20:56.