View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-04-29, 23:13

I love your images from China Mac+. I wouldn't mind visiting there at some point in my life. Thanks for sharing those pictures. I'll go through and critique the images you linked to after finals week.

As for the forums. I have joined a Canon forum and I get some good tips from there. I don't post much, because I do my social postings here and only use that site for more technical issues. I've learned that their critiques suck compared to ones I get from class or even here. They offer good pointers, but you have to impress someone enough over there to get them to stop and give you more than "nice pic", etc...

I'd say it's worth joining, just so you can post and get some feedback. It's not all bad, but know in most cases, you're going to face photo snobbery. Then again, maybe it's just the forum I joined.

RichieB, I like your shots too! You captured the sun/clouds wonderfully. If only there could be a little less foliage in the foreground.

Here's my latest Photoshop for for class. This was one of the two images in my portfolio. This portfolio was Montage! I'm not going to post the other one here since it is filled with images of my family. I love y'all here, but not that much. (Actually, it's the lurkers that scare me. )

So here's the story behind this image. Friend of mine has picture of daughter but it was taken with a chain link fence and red brick wall in the background. They didn't want the fence or brick so they asked me to doctor it for them since I was in a Photoshop class. So what do you think? Does it look Photoshopped? What could I have done differently? Obviously I couldn't control the harshness of the lighting on the kids face with this image, though that is what sticks out to me. But what about the rest of it?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.