View Single Post
Kyros

2008-02-02, 20:14

My girlfriend's MBP, which she got for Christmas, so it's very new, takes at least a minute to respond to any actions (mouseclick, apple-tab, etc) after it wakes up. Occasionally the screen also remains dark until it starts to respond again. When this happens, the light on the latch is on, as it would be if it had darkened the screen automatically after not being used for a while.

After this minute or so, it works perfectly. It responds to each of the actions the user attempted to make in rapid succession and then acts like a perfectly fine computer.

I also recently noticed that the left hand USB port appears to be dead. I don't know if this is related, and it is possible the USB port was dead for a while already, we haven't needed to use it until just now. The sleep problem presented itself a couple of weeks ago. I hope this isn't indicative of a larger logic board based problem or something. Anyway, if anyone experience with this issue or has heard of it, please post. Unfortunately there isn't an Apple store here in Vancouver, but there are several Apple dealers that may be able to help.