View Single Post
w_parietti22

Send a message via AIM to w_parietti22 Send a message via MSN to w_parietti22  
2005-03-13, 19:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
No G5 iBook this year, not a chance in the world that will happen. People seem to be getting the iBook and PowerBook confused. The PowerBook will go G5 before the iBook will. And the G5 PowerBook is at this point, nonexistent.

Tiger will come out this year, some are saying as early as April 1st, but the G5 PowerBook may not show up this year at all. The best chance of seeing it is at the WWDC this summer. But no G5 iBook, that's at least a year away.
We Won't See the PB G5 at WWDC with the recent PB updates. Hopefully by fall, but I don't think any sooner than that!

Right now, Apple is still trying to fit a G5 into both of these computers, but It will kill the fans. There has been some probablems with fans on the G4s. From someone I heard that the PBs would have to be 2" thick (same size as the iMac G5) to beable to fit the G5 and a cooling system to support it in a laptop and this obviously isn't what Apple wants to do.

I'm hoping If we don't see the G5s by Fall, we'll see a Dual G4 1.8ghz in the PowerBooks.

-Wes