View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-12-14, 05:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgatos
Whenever I've been stoned [...] standing up and going to the fridge becomes a hellish ordeal once I'm high.
I think that's precisely the idea this is working on. If you have trouble going to the fridge stoned, think how well you'd do piloting a 1-ton missile of destruction stoned.

We can trade anecdotes all day long, though, and it'll get us nowhere. Person 1 may be able to perform activities stoned just fine as well as Person 2 can perform activities after a few drinks just fine. We all know that different body chemistries have different tolerances.

I refer to the link I posted above for some objective conclusions:
Quote:
The results of the studies corroborate those of previous driving simulator and closed-course tests by indicating that THC in inhaled doses up to 300 µg/kg has significant, yet not dramatic, dose-related impairing effects on driving performance (cf. Smiley, 1986). Standard deviation of lateral position in the road-tracking test was the most sensitive measure for revealing THC's adverse effects.
Quote:
Although THC's adverse effects on driving performance appeared relatively small in the tests employed in this program, one can still easily imagine situations where the influence of marijuana smoking might have a dangerous effect; i.e., emergency situations which put high demands on the driver's information processing capacity, prolonged monotonous driving, and after THC has been taken with other drugs, especially alcohol. Because these possibilities are real, the results of the present studies should not be considered as the final word. They should, however, serve as the point of departure for subsequent studies that will ultimately complete the picture of THC's effects on driving performance.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.