Thread: tech tool pro
View Single Post
Track_40

2005-03-28, 03:14

Im actually in a very similar situation as you are. I just bought TechTool Pro 4 about 2 weeks ago for use on a brand new PowerBook 1.67. I installed the app, but can't boot off the install disk to setup the eDrive. After speaking with tech support at MicroMat several times, I can't help but feel enraged at their response. Basically, they confirmed that their current version 4.0.3 will not boot the new PowerBooks. But they told me all is not lost. No... For $24.95 (available in their online store), they'd send me a new CD with their latest update that would boot the new PBs. I said... "So let me get this straight. I just paid $90 for your app, part of which you admit doesn't even work with Apple's newest hardware?... There's no disclaimers on the box which indicate the systems it will work with, and still, instead of providing a free update for new registered users, you are going to charge me an additional fee (almost an additional 25% of the original price), just so I can have a fully functional working release???" I don't get it. Aren't I entitled to a fully functional release when I purchase the app? It's not like I bought it back in October, and held onto it until now. I just bought it 2 weeks ago.

Unfortunately, they said there was nothing they could (or would) do. I spoke w/ CDW where I purchased it, and they apologized for the entire incident and, said that even though the box was opened, etc., that they would take the software back. So, that seems like the plan.

Sorry it doesn't really address your issue, and I didn't mean to rant, but I thought you'd be interested to hear how much MicroMat cares about new customers.