View Single Post
ezkcdude
Veteran Member

2008-02-19, 08:45

My PowerBook G4 with Tiger very rarely crashed. I can only recall a handful of times in the three years I've had it that I had to "manually" power cycle with the start button. I've only had my iMac/Leopard for a little over a month, and it seems to crash or freeze up at least once a day. I'm not running anything exotic either. To give the latest example, just a few minutes ago - and hence, the genesis of this report - I was using Mail to send off an e-mail with a few pdf attachments. So, what happened? First, I get the spinning beach ball of death. Next I click on some dock icons - Opera, Spaces - and they turn black - like my mouse pointer was Medussa or something. Then, the whole system freezes up, and I resort to the power cycle. This is not an isolated ocurrence. I started a thread last week in the Genius Bar, because I thought it had something to do with MS Word. Before you ask, I updated to 10.5.2 last week. I'm an Apple fan, and an OS X fan - big time - but this is really starting to bug me.