View Single Post
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2008-05-03, 08:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonzie View Post
I use a Mac because I don't want to waste my time fixing the computer.
Bingo.. I love the fact that people have hacked things to make Hackintoshs, and I love playing with my machines to see what you can do.. RIght now, for example I am online sharing my hacked iPhone's internet connection sat on the beach in Jomtien, Thailand..

But when I retired from full time programming I switched full time to Macs from any other flavour of machine because I was so sick and tired of actually having to spend time getting PCs to "do stuff". This is not a dig at PCs per se, but the beauty of Macs is two fold.. You can do cool geeky technical 'unixy' stuff if you wish, but you can also choose a path of just using them as 'The Steve' intended..

Because I still program I obviously have dev machines that I pull apart and frak about with and I would consequently not use day to day for Mail and other mundane stuff for fear of losing that data. However, my primary Macs are completely vanilla because that way I have a machine that works and is near as dammit 100% stable.

I'd love to have time to play with a Hackintosh, but I'd only do it as an academic exercise, not as a conscious choice as my main machine *if* I wanted to use Apple Computers, which seems to be the reason that most are considering these machines.

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt