View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-03-16, 01:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post

No kidding. I thought you were looking at/considering everything but the iPhone!

Well, congrats. And enjoy!

Which model? 8GB black or did you splurge so you could get the white one? That's the one I want (although there's no telling what the thing will look like come this summer, and the next major revision).
Oh come now. I didn't have anything against the iPhone; I just prefer a physical keyboard.

Anyhoo, I didn't get one today. We signed up for AT&T at Wal-Mart because they had free activation, but the person there, while very polite , had not been trained on activating iPhones yet. I'm going back on Tuesday to get one, because a different person will be there.

I'm actually sort of okay with waiting a few days, because A) there's that iPhone 3.0 dealio on Tuesday, so there's a chance (however small) of a price drop or capacity bump or something, and B) I need to decide which iPhone model to get! Before they only had the 8GB but now they have the 16GB one, in both colors. I'm a little worried about 8GB being sort of small (like, how "big" are apps? Games?), and I do sort of want the white iPhone. It's more unique. But it's also $100 more, which is like, $1,000 in college money.

But I am getting pretty excited for my iPhone, in any case. I watched that half-hour "guided tour" on Apple.com and was practically drooling the whole time (even though I already knew most of it).

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong