View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-07-24, 20:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ime_NY View Post
Luca, if you and your brother are comfortable providing tech support, go for the hackintosh. Not sure what your relationship is with your mother, but if it's a good one, you won't be dreading the out-of-the-air-help-her-troubleshoot- a-problem- on-a-friday-night scenario than if you can barely stand her. Also gives you an excuse to spend some quality time with her AND a cool machine

A little off topic, but I'm just wondering: is building a desktop hackintosh easier to do compared to building a netbook hackintosh? I know the Dell Mini hackintosh community is very active in making the hackintoshing experience as easy as possible.
As a member of the netbook hackintosh club I can tell you that it's easier because the hardware is the same across the line as PB PM said. With desktops and such you have to get the right components and put them together. Take the Dell Mini 10 and 10v for example. The 10 just doesn't work right now. The chipset isn't right. The 10v and A90 work fine with a little DellEFI hack right out of the box.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.