View Single Post
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2011-05-20, 15:57

1.6 is dropping next week and that means Nether. I think we should plan out how we are going to utilize the Nether before we start building portals willy-nilly.

Specifically I think we should require strict permission from Brad to build any portals. The problem is that portals become unpredictable when placed in close proximity. If we all build portals near Bridgeport, the connections between those portals and the portals in the Nether can get weird.

So here's what I think we should do. I think we destroy all portals currently on the map so we don't get confused. Then I think we should build a portal in the middle or near the middle of Bridgeport. Then we should put portals at the extremes of the current skyway network. Then we would have five portals... and no more. No more portal construction after that, in either world.

Then we link them with a large stone structure in the Nether (rails? maybe, if they get fixed) so transit is ghast-free. I'm up for building most of this structure, I have experience with Nether construction and I also have a lot of free time so I will be able to do it pretty quickly.

And then we will have super fast transit from Bridgeport to the extremes of the map. It will also serve as a sort of "soft" boundary for exploring, i.e. don't go past the portals in either world.

Sound good?

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.