View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-09-13, 13:05

My wife and I got our boosters last Tuesday as soon as they were available at our local pharmacy. We got the latest Moderna booster in one arm and this year's flu shot in the other arm. It seems that pharmacies are encouraging both at the same time because the side effects of getting them together are no worse than apart.

I felt lots of back muscle soreness and aches for the first ~12 hours, and I slept very poorly that night as a result, but by the time 24 hours had passed, we were both completely back to normal. Pretty much the same as the last Moderna booster in April. The fronts and backs of our cards are now all full! Looking forward to a new card next time.

My understanding is that in the US all boosters should now be the bivalent variety with only a few exceptions for very specific patient groups. If you're thinking about getting boosted, there's no reason to wait! On top of that, they've relaxed requirements for just about everybody. So, you really have no excuse any more.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.