View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-11-27, 18:42

Because I clearly have nothing better to do on a holiday weekend, I spent all day yesterday trying to train a stable diffusion textual inversion for Star Trek's Worf and use it to generate images in his likeness. I think I, uhh, well I'm not exactly sure where things went wrong.

It could be that I over-trained my model on his distinctly Klingon forehead ridges. It could be that the base SD model has no flipping clue what to do with his forehead since the many thousands of photos of normal humans it was trained on have smooth heads. I tried an absurd number of prompts and generated over 600 images, and I never quite got what I was looking for. Maybe I'll experiment with this idea again some other holiday weekend. Meanwhile, please enjoy this giant collage of some of the "best" results I hand-picked from the lot.

By contrast, once again, Sir Patrick Stewart was super easy to synthesize. It only took a few minutes to crank out some original studio portrait masterpiece shots like these.

I've also been on a kick putting famous folks into colorful clothes and sweaters, or putting them on stage performing standup comedy. Did you know that Queen Elizabeth regularly performed at clubs since she was a young woman? Who's going to dispute this impeccable evidence? #totallynotfakenews

Note that the system often can't make sense of Trump's ridiculous comb-over. Every once in a while I got these hilarious interpretations of it. I swear it came up with those hairdos on its own. It also sometimes struggles to give Trump a not-melting/exploding/horrific face (none of this included here) presumably because so many photos over the years show him shouting angrily with his mouth wide open.

(I'm putting the images in the next post so this one doesn't get whacked out horizontal scrolling from their bigliness.)

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.