View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2019-12-09, 18:46

No, I just think those scientists or whatever (that Werner Herzog gang) are wanting to poke and prod the poor little guy to extract some sort of extra-special midichlorian juice that somehow - Force ghost communing, healing, etc. - accounts for the falling, vaporizing Palpatine showing up 30+ years after-the-fact (the real-life reason is that Rian screwed everything up and J.J. is desperate). But I'm talking the in-story reason.

I'm thinking he's not in "real body" form, but a glowing Sith ghost (or some twisted, Sith-y perversion of that). And something extracted from the little baby frog decades earlier has helped bring that about. Some Sith/Jedi DNA or midichlorian manipulation.

I think the little baby somehow factors into Palpatine's re-emergence...there's roughly 25-30 years that takes place between The Mandalorian and the sequel trilogy, so that's a lot of time for Imperial (or Sith) scientists and alchemists to play with their chemistry sets and Palpatine's body/aura/mojo or whatever and conjure up some space Frankenstein/ghost abomination.

How else are they going to explain that he's back? The entire world saw him get zapped, thrown down a thousand foot hole and then explode in 1983. It isn't like he landed on a net and slid out a side door to an escape craft, unnoticed. And surely they're not going to expect us to believe he survived that destruction and has just been hanging out in the wreckage for decades? So something has happened...his "spirit" survived but damaged/weakened, etc. Or his body was recovered and experiments and/or rituals were undertaken by surviving Imperial scientists or Sith devotees, etc. But I think it's spiritual because I don't think any body would've survived that second Death Star explosion. Besides, he seemed to have evaporated/disappeared anyway in that blue flash/storm.

I do think we're going to learn - and possibly in the final episode of The Mandalorian, which airs one week after The Rise of Skywalker opens - that there's something special in that Yoda species regarding the Force (higher concentrations, untapped abilities, healing/live-giving, etc.). Otherwise, why would a bunch of villainous types be interested in a 12" tall baby green frog? His singing voice? Because he knows neat magic tricks? They hired the Mando guy to bring him to them for some reason, and you know it isn't above-board or ethical. The Mando guy obviously had misgivings and second thoughts and rescued the little guy before he could be experimented on or hurt/mistreated.

That's just my hunch. I'm probably way off, but I guarantee you that whatever they actually go with will be twice as stupid.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2019-12-09 at 21:09.