View Single Post
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2019-12-11, 23:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Well this is interesting. If the effects are so over the top that it will trigger seizures then I'm not sure what to think of this one. I'm not epileptic, but that just screams of over-the-top-because-we-can effects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Nah, nothing new to see here. That warning is published by every studio any time there are sudden or flashing changes in light. It's a "protect our asses from lawsuits" thing that has been around for years. This is just getting attention because it's Star Wars. Epilepsy is a real thing and the industry knows that their movies can cause issues, so they all warn about it.
So I have an epileptic parent and have been just been evaluated for epilepsy myself. Yes, there are some movies that are warned for just as a CYA. However, Disney tends to only warn for theirs this publicly when it's substantial risk. Note that the Incredibles 2 epilepsy warning happened after public awareness outcry for how significant the scenes there were. So this warning coming out beforehand makes me think it's gonna be more an Incredibles style issue than the other SW movies. And that concerns me, because one of the incidents I had that looked like an absence seizure happened during the red Maw sequence in Solo...so I'm feeling nervy about going. I'm still going, I'm just hissy.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder