Thread: Apple Watch
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2014-09-13, 15:01

Do you think they'll have a second event when this watch is ready to hit the streets? I ask only because there's probably a good bit of stuff that hasn't been covered/revealed and would probably be best conveyed with the appropriate hype and demos. It might not have to be a standalone Apple Watch event (I don't think they'd do that), but it could piggyback onto another one (for a new iMac/Mac mini, or that rumored 12" MacBook)?

The iPhone got two big "event/stage" mentions...the big unveil at Macworld in January, and then again in June at WWDC, just prior to its release. We no longer get an annual, first-of-the-year show from Apple like we used to, so maybe they'd devote 15-30 minutes of a new Mac (and iLife/iWork) event to it? Just to remind everyone, and play it up some more?

Seems weird that Apple would have an event/unveil in early September, and then go another 4-6(?) months with not much else...and then just throw them out into the world (letting the website be the only source of "here's all the details, features and capabilities we didn't - or couldn't - talk about, five months ago"). You'd think they'd want to give a brand-new product like this as big of a push as possible (especially since it's likely to seen, right or wrong, as more of a limited-appeal item). And if they had some super-cool feature or capability up their sleeve, they'd want that out there in a big way (and not just a paragraph or two on the website).

I bet we get another onstage rundown/update on this before it hits the streets, as part of a nicely-timed event for some other product.