View Single Post
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2021-02-17, 16:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Dead wrong. Most Windows users I know find the Mini the most compelling Mac. mind you I’m not talking about the types that would buy a Dell/HP/Acer/ASUS prebuilt machine. I for one am a builder, by your definition, yet I also own three Macs (iMac + 2 Mac Mini). As a builder, a Mac Mini is there perfect Mac for the few Apple apps that I prefer to use over Windows software. I already have several high quality 1440p monitors, I have no use for an iMac now, and wouldn’t buy one again.
I’m one of those people that has been nursing along a 2008 unibody MacBook as my base “Apple desktop or app required system” with a built PC (housed in a G5 case) for pretty much anything else.

Now both need desperately need an upgrade and I finally gave some free funds after emerging from a medical/student loan induced Chapter 13. Given the state of the graphics card and RAM market building is a terrible idea right now. I’m planning on getting a M1 mini to tide me over for the next 9 months until the PC gaming/mining world shakes itself out.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.