View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-02-23, 09:16

Let me start by saying I'm really open to vaccines and they benefit they provide to our ways of life. Polio isn't really a thing anymore because most of us sucked down some liquid or got shot up. Same for many other diseases prevented by similar stories where scientists figured out how to help us be immune to whatever is targeted by the vaccine.

What I'm wondering is how would we know when a new vaccine is actually safe? In this particular case it is the covid vaccine. Years ago it was H1N1.

Sure it is easy to say, "if the government says it is safe then I'll take it." I did that while active duty and served as a great pin cushion. (I'm one booster away from being able to lick a cow's hoof.) I mean, depending on what you listen to the covid vaccine is either a God-send or Satan being injected into your veins. Obviously 99% (conservatively) of the world's population really doesn't have a clue with stigma and bias playing heavily into their choice to support or rebel any vaccine.

Personally I'm hesitant to get a vaccine that doesn't have years of track record showing it is safe. My reasoning isn't a religious one, just lack of trust is the bottom line. So please don't make this a political issue (there are people who are far left and far right who refuse vaccines), I'm really looking to see how ignorance can be corrected (education) and those who don't want to trust blindly can actually have faith that some new thing is actually safe being injected in them when there is no actual track record to show it won't bring side effects or even death.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.