View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-03-14, 22:10

Well, I was trying to minimize a yard but Mrs T won't have it. She likes grass and nature like that. I can try for something that is still low maintenance though. I won't be able to get away with the sheep fescue near the house, but maybe some other green stuff.

The more I look at the Zoysias I am less convinced it will work well for us. Out winters do get below freezing and that is somethings those types of grass don't like and turn yellow. Mrs T doesn't want a yellow yard either... not that I do but she specifically doesn't want it. It is also fairly invasive and that isn't something I want all over my property.

Also, please note, "nice" to us really means green and at most ankle deep. Not really into the weed flower heads that pop up either. Clover isn't hideous, just not what we are after.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.