View Single Post
Chinney
Veteran Member

2011-09-27, 19:43

Thanks for the entries this month. After consideration, I am going to award this month's title to AWR. Although the photo may initially appear ordinary, something about his shot grew on me as an illustration of the underlying theme that I set for the photo contest. The picture makes me feel that I am in the neighbourhood. Also, upon closer examination, I quite like the photographic qualities of the pic - the strong geometric themes, the skewed horizon, and the long shadows offsetting what might otherwise just be a sweet picture of kids playing. There is an unusual quality in the final effect which leaves me feeling a little off-balanced, but curious: not so much a feeling of there being "something wrong", but there being "something more".

I would award a strong second place to GSpotter's photo, which certainly stretched the theme to its limit, but made me laugh in doing that and made me think about the concept of "neighbourhood". It is a stunningly beautiful picture to boot.

I like the other entries as well. I hope that we can keep this contest going and can expand participation.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.