View Single Post
Wrao
Yarp

2011-02-22, 17:10

I recently upgraded to Flash 10.2 and everything was operating smoothly when all of a sudden(as in, no direct changes that I can think of occurred) Youtube videos stopped loading. Instead, all I get is a black screen. I primarily use Safari 5.0.3 in OS X 10.6.6, but I also have Firefox installed so I checked it out in Firefox, same thing. The next thing I tried was disabling all extensions in Firefox and in Safari, I don't have many, but the few I do have(like clicktoflash) seemed like they could be culprits. No luck there. So I tried clearing the cookies in Safari, but again no change. Finally I tried reinstalling Flash, but again, black screens in both Firefox and Safari. (I also tried logging out of youtube, logging back in, and poking around in settings there)

Now, here is where it gets a little weird. If I change the user agent to "Safari 5.03 - Windows" then videos load just fine. In fact, if I change the user agent to anything other than "Safari 5.0.3 - Mac" or "Safari 4.0.5 - Mac" and my videos load.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Also, other sites with flash are working fine, it is only Youtube(as best as I can tell)