View Single Post
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2010-03-16, 12:19

I'm having a semi-problem. I recently installed all new in-ceiling speakers in my living room. Prior to that, I had the receiver and different speakers set up in another room but still had 7.1 surround. I was able to turn up the receiver as loud as I wanted (usually had it around 50, which is pretty loud on a Sony).

Now with my new setup, I have to keep it around 35 or the receiver kicks off and says "Protect", which I'm guessing it means it's over powering and it's shutting down before it fries itself.

One thing I do have is 2 center channels hooked up and running into the one center output. Could that be the culprit or is the receiver just not powerful enough. The receiver itself is only about a year or two old and is made for 7.1 and does around 110wx7 so I was thinking that it should have plenty of juice.

What are your thoughts? Is it the center channel setup I got going or is there something I can get to run with the receiver to boost it a little bit or am I just going to have to buy a top notch receiver in the future? My initial thought is the receiver should have enough power for this.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey