View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-09-24, 00:06

I don't know which ones T is using, but I know you can buy blank NFC tags in bags of tens to hundreds from Amazon. Funny that I mentioned this way back in February 2021…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
The only remotely common thing I've ever seen even people do with NFC tags is to write Amiibo data to them so they don't have to buy/hoard/store/transport all the figurines, and even that is a pretty tiny niche and requires a specific type of NFC tag (though they're also pretty cheap).
I actually ended up doing this myself. My wife plays a lot of Animal Crossing on the Nintendo Switch, and last winter, I got a bag of blank NFC tokens and wrote Amiibo data to them for a bunch characters that are practically impossible to find or are absurdly expensive because they're out of print and only sold by third-party collectors. Now she can trade out villagers to her heart's content.

I got a bag of 200 NFC 215 plastic tokens (about the size of a quarter) for $50. The ones I got look like this:

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.