View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-01-19, 10:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
I have Sonos for music in the house. Plays the wife/kids playlists and my radio stations from different parts of the globe. I’ve turned off all the voice/mic/ digital assistant bits though it’s probably still spying on us. I wonder if Apple’s HomePods can use AirPlay2 to interact with the Sonos and play in sync with it?
Kinda, but it is more from your source rather than the HomePod. So when you add Sonos to the HomeKit environment it is just a speaker in that room. If you ask a HomePod to play music it will, by default, only play music from itself. If you say "play *music* in the kitchen" then it will play from all speakers in the kitchen, including Sonos.

If you are initiating play from an iDevice or Mac you can play the music from speaker groups that include the Sonos speakers and/or the HomePods. Generally it is fairly seamless. The challenge is if you just ask for music via Siri and don't designate a room/group.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.