View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-09-07, 20:19

Boy oh boy. I took the latest snapshot for a spin tonight, and the updated terrain/biome generation is nice. Maybe it's just another honeymoon phase, but it feels a bit more like the pre-1.8beta generation, like it's less cookie-cutter predictable within a biome. The improved biome juxtaposition and transitions help the world feel more cohesive too.

In fact, it's really tempting to say, "Let's start anew again!", and it makes me want to test cross-world copy/pasting so I could transplant our existing homes into a truly new world.

Maybe. Maybe?

If we insist on staying in the current world, though, here's what the Cliffs of Jeb will look like if we stick to the area I posted earlier.

Southern border, new terrain on the left:

Southwest corner:

Northwest corner:

Northern border, new terrain on the left:

Northeast corner:

Southeast corner:

Bonus round! To the ESE, just outside the edge of our existing terrain, I found a candidate for Flaming Mountain v2.0:

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.