View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-03-12, 16:06

Well it took 18 months, but apparently Apple - like me - doesn't believe the 4.7" and 5.5" iPhones are the "only way forward" (as I was told here back in 2014, upon lamenting them dropping the 4" model and only offering the two larger sizes). Granted, we're not 100% sure what the specs of this thing will be (and exactly how/where it will sit in the lineup), but I've certainly got my fingers crossed that it's basically an iPhone 6/6s in a 4" version...you know, like they should've been offering all along, since fall of 2014.

I'd like to think that Apple won't, in a display of complete jaw-dropping stupidity/point-missing, arbitrarily tie screen size to "importance" or "worth", and somehow neuter/lame-up this upcoming 4" (instead of doing the right, sensible thing and simply offering a 4" 6s with no apologies). But considering some of their other decisions in recent years, I realize that's a tall order (and I might be pissing up a rope; they very well could be looking to put 1-2 year-old specs/hardware in it, I really don't know).

But they would sell the hell out of a 4" 6s and I'll never be convinced otherwise (so save your breath).

I could never get right with the 6s, so after having jumped the gun a bit in the fall (and sold my beloved three-year-old iPhone 5, thinking I was on the cusp of getting a 6s before changing my mind and realizing I didn't want that new size), I've been using my nephew's old yellow 5c for the past 5-6 months. An A9-based 4" iPhone will be what it takes to free myself from this digital banana. So I hope I get my wish. But I'll believe it when I see it in 10 days.

But if they put out a 4" iNeuter with no compelling reason to step up, then I'll just hang onto this 5c for a while longer (I'm using an iMac from 2007, so I obviously don't jump on board every little thing they release "just because"...I'm really good at waiting, and only buying what I truly want and/or need at this point). But I'd love for them to take a break from disappointing/angering me, and just give me the iPhone I'd actually like to own/use. fingers crossed...

PS - I couldn't give less of a rip about anything else rumored for this event (iPads, watch stuff, etc.). I'd just like to have a snappy, modern iPhone again, after three-and-a-half years...in a size that I, and many others, would prefer. Period.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2016-03-12 at 16:26.