View Single Post
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2016-03-17, 12:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post

No offense, but either this is due to the friend's lack of research, or the salesperson's lack of knowledge (or both). That the Thunderbolt Display does not work with the MacBook has been known to us since day one.

Should it work? I don't know the answer to that, but I would hazard a guess the the MacBook's GPU couldn't comfortably handle that display. Also, without Thunderbolt, the hub on the back of the display would just be a bunch of holes collecting dust and spiders.

Anyway, he should take it back.
Yeah, she walked into an Apple store, and walked out with that combo at their suggestion.

When she couldn't get it to work, she brought the two to a Genius Bar, where they didn't know the two products couldn't work together until they'd wasted about 45 min. of her time.

I think she's returning the computer actually, but this is exactly the kind of bullshit I knew would happen when Apple decided to go with a single stupid port on their new laptop.

I did see a supposedly active converter that's coming out in a month, which might allow the two products to work together, but really that's something Apple should have put together before releasing the two products.

(like they produced TB cables when they released their products with TB ports, since there were almost no quality TB cable producers initially.)

I'd be much more hyped about a new Apple event if I felt like they had their shit together with what they've already worked on.

Its seems like it's been a few years now though of lackluster announcements at best, or straight up steps backwards. (Looking at you iWork).

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me